Rain canopy for camper
- 1 large sheet of paper (to draw the pattern)
- 4 block magnets Q-15-15-08-N
- Waterproof fabric of sufficient size (e.g. from an old tent)
- 3 carbon fibre or aluminium rods (e.g. rods from a kite)
- Belt strap (here yellow-green) to attach the magnets
- Hose strap (here black-white striped) to cover the magnets (e.g. in larger mountaineering stores)
Assembly of the rain canopy1. Prepare the pattern for the three fabric parts. The roof part is the easiest (rectangular), so you don't necessarily need a prepared template. Since vehicle walls are often curved, the two side pieces should be cut out of paper first and then adjusted to the camper wall.
Alternative to block magnetsNote from the supermagnete team:
- Instead of using a fabric protection in form of a hose strap, you can also use rubberised neodymium magnets that protect delicate surfaces from scratches. Your advantage: They can simply be placed on the fabric and removed afterward. They won't start to rust even after longer outdoor use.
- Alternatively, you can directly sew our sew-on magnets to the canopy. Thanks to their plastic coating they are also waterproof.