Spheres in a circle
An entertaining chain reaction with magnets and steel spheres
Online since: 20/09/2010, Number of visits: 52788
- Invert the plate and place it inside the bowl.
- Stick two steel spheres each to one sphere magnet (see picture).
- Arrange six of these trios evenly around the plate. The magnets must always point in the same direction.
- Let the last remaining steel sphere snap onto one of the sphere magnets from the right.
- Marvel at the chain reaction! (see video below)
Note from the supermagnete team: The Gauss cannon is a similar experiment.