FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
What do I need to know about using magnetic tapes and sheets?
Buy magnetic tape / magnetic sheet
Areas of applicationMagnetic tapes and sheets are used on ferromagnetic surfaces. Here are some suggested applications :
- Flexible labelling of storage and store shelves as well as metal cupboards and drawers (with coloured magnetic tape or magnetic labels)
- Combination of two non-magnetic objects with self-adhesive magnetic tape
- Coloured cut-out shapes, e.g. on whiteboards as part of presentations and trainings (especially coloured magnetic sheet)
- Protection for colour-coded statistics and process directives with magnetic frames
- Invisible photo mounting with magnetic squares or magnetic tape
Proximity to other magnets
These minimum distances between the various magnet types need to be maintained during use, storage and transport:
|Ferrite||Neodymium||AlNiCo||Tapes and sheets|
|Ferrite||-||22 mm||10 mm||10 mm|
|Neodymium||22 mm||-||43 mm||30 mm|
|AlNiCo||10 mm||43 mm||-||10 mm|
|Tapes and sheets||10 mm||30 mm||10 mm||-|
Working temperatureTemperatures under -20° C and above 85° C damage the structure of magnetic tapes and sheets. It causes the products to permanently lose part of their adhesive force. Therefore, do not use them in places with extremely high or low temperatures.
Self-adhesive magnetic tapes and sheetsSeveral of our magnetic taps and sheets are self-adhesive. Our FAQ about self-adhesive products provide helpful information on these articles.
StorageTapes and sheets can be stored at room temperature. Make sure the surroundings are dust-free and dry and do not bend the products. Sheets and tapes do not lose their magnetisation without external influences (neodymium magnets in close proximity, temperatures over 85° C and under -20° C).
Outdoor useMagnetic tapes and sheets don't rust, so they are also suitable for outdoor use. However, exposure to UV rays can make the material brittle and crumbly. You can expect having to replace the material from time to time.
Chemical characteristicsMaterial: Elastic rubber with embedded magnetised strontium ferrite powder (Features of ferrite)
Problem-free: Water, alcohol, standard detergents, climatic influences
Physical characteristicsMagnetisation: anisotropic or isotropic
Surface hardness: Shore D35 (equivalent to Shore A85 - A90)