FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
Why does the coating of my magnets chip?
Tips on how to protect magnets
- Avoid collisions between magnets and repeated mechanical stress (e.g. impacts).
- Prevent magnet damage when separating large magnets. Please refer to the FAQ "How do I separate two strong magnets?" for various tips on separating magnets in a safe manner.
- Store magnets separately, for example on a thick iron plate as described under project Board for magnet storage.
- If necessary, make your own protective cover for large magnets, see project Protection of big magnets.
- Use coated neodymium magnets, if light impacts are unavoidable.