FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
"World's strongest magnets"?
1. Attractive forceWhen we speak colloquially about the "power" of a magnet, we usually refer to the following features:
- the adhesive force on direct contact with a metal plate (or another magnet);
- the attractive force to a piece of iron (or another magnet) at a certain distance.
Go to strongest magnets
2. Resistance to loss of magnetisationThere are permanent magnets that can have just as much attractive force as our neodymium super magnets. Those are referred to as AlNiCo magnets (we have a few of them in our assortment). However, they have one critical disadvantage to our super magnets:
Maximum energy product (BH)maxThe attributes "attractive force" and "power of resistance" are usually combined in the physical value "maximum energy product" (BH)max (see physical magnet data).
- Maximum achieved today for all permanent magnets: approx. 59 MGOe (sintered NdFeB)
- Estimated technical
- for neodymium magnets: 500 kJ/m³ (63 MGOe)
- for all permanent magnets: approx. 720 kJ/m³ (90 MGOe)
- Estimated theoretical limit for all permanent magnets: 960 kJ/m³ (120 MGOe)
20 pcs. 0,24 EUR ea.*Disc magnet Ø 2,5 mm, height 1 mm
10 pcs. 0,31 EUR ea.*Disc magnet Ø 5 mm, height 2 mm
20 pcs. 0,55 EUR ea.*Disc magnet Ø 8 mm, height 6 mm
10 pcs. 0,50 EUR ea.*Disc magnet Ø 9 mm, height 3 mm
20 pcs. 0,37 EUR ea.*Disc magnet Ø 10 mm, height 1,5 mm
10 pcs. 0,53 EUR ea.*Disc magnet Ø 10 mm, height 3 mm
5 pcs. 0,74 EUR ea.*Disc magnet Ø 10 mm, height 5 mm
5 pcs. 0,91 EUR ea.*Disc magnet Ø 15 mm, height 3 mm
5 pcs. 1,02 EUR ea.*Disc magnet Ø 20 mm, height 2 mm
10 pcs. 0,49 EUR ea.*Block magnet 10 x 10 x 1,2 mm
Other important factorsThe power is not only determined by the magnetic material used; equally important are the following factors:
- Volume of the magnet
- Form of the magnet
- Proportions of the magnet (e.g. the ratio of the diameter to the height of a disc magnet)
- Combination with other materials, e.g. is the magnet mounted on a piece of metal, in a metal pot, or is it "free-standing".