Ball made with sphere magnets
Step-by-step instructions for a ball made of magnetic spheres
Online since: 08/04/2013, Number of visits: 457963
Creating a ball from magnetic spheresI have owned a set of magnetic spheres for some time now and used it to build several sculptures and structures. Here, I would like to show how you can build a magnetic sphere (i.e. a ball) from triangles. You will need either:
Buy sphere magnets in the web shop
- Shape 6 spheres into a circle.
- Grasp the circle in two places and squeeze to create a triangle.
- Put together 20 of these triangles.
- Combine 10 of these triangles as depicted and repeat with the remaining triangles.
- Connect the two formations.
- Carefully shape everything into a ball (see video).