Ferrofluid in the glass
- Pour table salt into the water container and stir until the water is saturated and no more salt is being dissolved.
- Use a funnel to pour the salt water into the container into the bottle (almost to the brim).
- Drizzle a few drops of ferrofluid into the bottle. Make sure the ferrofluid drips directly into the water and doesn't come into contact with the glass. The fluid should sink all the way to the bottle bottom and the water does not change color.
- Seal the bottle (possible with adhesive).
- Now place a strong magnet on the bottle and experiment with this fascinating liquid.